Breast Cancer Risk Assessment Calculator - NCI
- This tool cannot accurately calculate risk for women with a medical history of breast cancer, DCIS or LCIS. Other tools may be more appropriate for women with known mutations in either the BRCA1 or BRCA2 gene, or other hereditary syndromes associated with higher risks of breast cancer. See Other Risk Assessment Tools for more information.
- Although a patient's risk may be accurately estimated, these predictions do not allow one to say precisely which woman will develop breast cancer.
- Some women who do not develop breast cancer have higher risk estimates than those who do develop the disease.
- This tool was designed for use by health professionals. If you are not a health professional, you are encouraged to print these results and discuss them with your provider.
- The answers provided were used to estimate absolute risk of developing invasive breast cancer during the next 5-year period and up to age 90 (lifetime risk).
- Factors included: patient's personal medical and reproductive history and the history of breast cancer among her first-degree relatives (mother, sisters, daughters).
- For comparison, the tool also presents 5-year and lifetime risk estimates for a woman of the same age and race/ethnicity who is at average risk for developing breast cancer.
5—Year Risk of Developing Breast Cancer
Lifetime Risk of Developing Breast Cancer
These results are based upon how you answered the following questions: